Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nadia Lockyer Talks To The Press



After two months of near-silence, Alameda County Supervisor Nadia Lockyer - she of the sex & meth scandal - has talked to a couple journalists about the latest allegation that she has been leaving voicemail messages for her sleazy boyfriend. Lockyer, who checked out of re-hab early and has apparently been living at a motel, denies everything. And "denial" is probably a good word to describe what's going on. 

Despite a trip to rehab and an ongoing investigation into her accusation that she was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend in a Newark hotel room, Alameda County Supervisor Nadia Lockyer allegedly has continued to contact her former lover, Stephen Chikhani. Most recently, she supposedly left him a voice mail message declaring, "Miss you beside me." 
According to a source familiar with the recording, Lockyer made the nine-second call to Chikhani just 10 days ago at 4:59 a.m. on March 25. 
The message is among the audio recordings turned over to the state attorney general by Chikhani's lawyer. 
"I just want the attorney general's office to complete its investigation and to exonerate my client," said Chikhani's attorney Adrienne Dell when asked about the recordings.

Here's Lockyer's "explanation"

Lockyer issued us a statement late Tuesday saying: "I emphatically deny contacting Mr. Chikhani and don't believe that these are authentic messages. He has been convicted of grand theft and has a 10-year criminal record. Who do you believe?" 
Uh, him. I believe him. Isn't there some old trial lawyer's adage about not asking rhetorical questions to which you don't know the answer? 
In a follow-up phone call, Lockyer told us "three months ago Steve attempted to blackmail me with a (provocative) photo on a (adult dating) website that he fabricated. He asked me for cash and said he was going to post the photo and harm my reputation. 
"It's the hurtful, crappy things that he did emotionally to hurt me and abuse me and to try and make a few bucks because he doesn't have a job."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Lockyer has been coming across like a 20 year old crying on Facebook, rather than as a 40 year old mother and public figure. I continue to be astonished that Lockyer's family has not gotten in the way of this train wreck. Of course, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it doesn't seem like there's anyone out there trying to ease her offstage. Can they really believe that she has any future viability as a political candidate? (well, given the dimwittedness of typical Dem voters, this is probably another rhetorical question to which I don't know the answer). 









No comments:

Post a Comment