Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moving Day


Phase One of the move from San Francisco to Burlingame is complete. Still have a couple phases to go. In the mean time, here's some Def Leppard to tide you over. Like any respectable person, I think Pyromania was the band's masterpiece (it's flawless). But, here's a track from their Hysteria sessions:


I heard this on the radio for the first time in, oh, about 25 years. Really holds up well. It's almost like adult-contemporary heavy metal. I always love how the band complained about all the time they had to spend in the studio due to "Mutt" Lange's "the 100th take is the best" philosophy. Oh, I'm sorry. Did you have something else you were supposed to be doing? Anyway, all those hours in the studio in 1986 left you with a handful of tracks that are nigh indestructable, letting you tour behind them into infinity. I'd say it was time well spent.




No comments:

Post a Comment